cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy S8 Active setting up outlook email

Sprint Product Ambassador

So prior to the update, I had installed the app called Microsoft Active Sync app in order to have the outlook email properly synced with my work Exchange mailbox.  It was no longer the case after the Android software update push! Smiley Sad

I had to uninstall outlook and Microsoft Active Sync and started from the beginning again.  This time, I just use the Exchange app that came stock with the phone.

Steps below show how to install outlook for exchange can be set up on the Galaxy S8 Active (and very likely same for other Android phones):

Image989526502.jpgInstall outlook from Play StoreImage1478153569.jpgOpen and start outlookImage1482710120.jpgSelect email type = Exchange

Enter your company Exchange ID and password (also remember to put the correct outlook server of your company):

Image1321104933.jpgEnter Exchange ID, password, and server nameImage659438941.jpgSkip adding another account

This has enabled me to use the outlook email client for my work email.  The best when using outlook client for me is it is well integrated with Skype for business; with just a click of the button on my outlook calendar item I can join the Skype for Business conference call.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.