cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Galaxy S8 camera manual focusing in Pro mode

Sprint Product Ambassador

On the main camera screen, if you swipe from left to right or right to left, you get the MODE menu:Screenshot_20170720-161547 (389x800).jpg

Select the Pro button

You will then present with different Pro options:Screenshot_20170720-161621 (389x800).jpg

Select MF (Manual Focus), now you can slide the yellow stick/dot along to get the focus.  The object that is focused will appear with “green outline” on the screen (unfortunately, I cannot capture the screen here to show the effect, but if you play with the slider you will see what I mean).

The below photo was taken in Auto mode, you can see that the plants in the back are still very sharp.

20170708_171157 (768x1024).jpg

Below is the photo taken with Manual Focus (MF) mode. The focus is on the pink flower near the bottom left corner.  However, you can see that the background has a good blurry effect.  Although I tried to focus on the pink flower near the bottom left, it must be the movement of the hand, the green leaves at the bottom seem to be the focus area; the intended focus area is not that sharp.  If Samsung can enable the tracking focus feature in this Manual Focus (MF) mode then it would be a perfect feature! 20170708_171247 (768x1024).jpg

There are many nice things with this Galaxy S8 camera, and I am learning them.  The photo quality is so awesome that made me using it all the time on my last trip to Acadia, and only use my SLR for some very serious shooting scenarios.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.