cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Google Pixel 3a XL simplicity is my first impression

Sprint Product Ambassador

As previously stated, The Pixel 3a XL is my first ever google phone.  I have been an Android fan since the first Samsung Moment. I like the Android "friendly" and flexible user interface and its ability to get around some of the rigid framework or walls built by the phone manufacturer.

The Pixel clearly provides the simplest Android presentation that you can get. The phone comes with no preloaded software of the phone provider.  The phone itself comes with eSIM (electronic SIM) which means very simple to activate with different phone carriers.  I do not believe this is the first eSIM that Sprint carries, but it is the first phone with eSIM that I need to activate.

The phone started up with almost no preloaded application except a few essential apps: phone, contact, photos, chrome.  I was able to transfer most of my application and data from my google backup accounts.  The setup and all important data took less than 45 minutes.

The first think I try is the google pixel camera. Although the camera on the 3a camera is lacking 2 features of the 3 series, I found the image quality is truly stunning.  I, however, miss some of the convenient features that I got used to on other phones like camera voice or hand gesture .

One additional feature I am looking for is the availability of the new Android OS will be available to the phone as soon as new Android OS comes out for a period of 3 years.  This will be a real treat!

For me, this has been a real pleasant experience.  It is one of the phone that users can get then just load up what they need, assuming users also like the basic Google centric app like photos, google contact etc.  For me it is a no brainer, as I have all my contacts in google contact and never have to worry about exchanging or losing my phone.  Google photos is also now my family favorite app. We have a few common google albums for the years, everyone in the family just add their favorite photo there. We play the slideshow throughout the various screens at home, very pleasing indeed!

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.