BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Google Pixel 4 XL is truly simple but nice

Sprint Product Ambassador

Having had the Google Pixel 4 XL for a few weeks, I must say its simplicity has captured my heart on top of the famous photo quality that has been associated with the device.

Google Pixel 4 or the bigger version Google Pixel 4 XL comes with Android 10.  Yes, "10" is the name of the latest version of Android.  I think Google has run out of cool sweet name or maybe we should all be avoiding sugar these days! 🙂

I am in love with all those simple color symbols flipping around on phone startup.

Pixel4-startup-screen.pngGoogle start up screen

It is simple but very pleasing to my eyes.

The thing I like the most is the phone comes with a very minimal list of apps, this makes it very quick to start up and I guess the phone will run faster too.  For most people you probably only need to download and install a few other social apps then you have most of the apps you need.

I have been using google to backup my apps, so I was able to restore the apps previously installed on my previous phones down to the pixel.  WIth my usual apps downloaded and installed, I have about 3 screens of apps icon, vs. maybe twice as of on my other android phones.  I wish other phones can also reduce the amount of "bloat" wares on the shipped phones.

The Pixel 4 Android 10, does not come with the usual 3 soft buttom: Home, Back and Apps Menu,  instead you need to do with a different gesture swipe on the phone to perform the above functions.  This may take you a little bit to get used to.  However, this avoids the use of the screen space for these 3 buttons or having to enable hiding these buttons to save screen space.

The phone can be wireless charged and worked with my Samsung wireless charger.  So far I think the battery has worked quite well for me through the day.

The display is crisp but may not be as bright in the sun as other flagship devices of different brands.  For my Pixel 4 XL, the display to body ratio is around 80% so not efficiently use the screen display real-estate.

In the next few weeks I will start sharing you the tips and tricks or my experiences using this new Google Pixel 4 device.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.