cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – HTC 5G Hub and Sprint 5G service in Washington DC

Sprint Product Ambassador

Finally the 5G service has arrived in Washington DC Metropolitan Area.  I was surprised to see the service extended to the western side of Fairfax county which is almost 15 miles west of the Virginia DC border!

I discovered this during one of our lunch time stroll.  This is the perfect opportunity for me to test out the HTC 5G hub and the Sprint 5G service.

I was walking around and found a few spots where I can get surprisingly good Sprint 5G services:

Screenshot_20190913-153000.png< 20ms ping timeScreenshot_20190913-153044.png> 200 mbps Downlink speedScreenshot_20190913-153128.pngGood uplink speed (usually around 10mbps)

I cut the chord last year, now my home has no voice nor TV broadcast service.  I managed to survive on my Sprint mobile phone and all my TV is via online streaming and Youtube TV services.  It has been working out quite well.  This test gives me confidence that when I can get this kind of speed at my home, I can oce again cut the second chord to just have the wireless mobile service on my HTC 5G hub to simplify all my telecom access needs.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

2 Comments
Journeyman
Hi All, Just got the S10 5G phone and trying to find a real time 5G service area map. Not sure how up to date or accurate the national service area maps are?. Today I got a moment of 5 G signal in Gaithersburg just off 270 near Crown Plaza. Hopeing others will post 5G reports. Maybe we need a Google map that users can post 5G readings much like we report speed traps on Waze.com Any thoughts are welcome.
Sprint Product Ambassador

@KDR406 Let me check around, if I find something will let you know. It is a good idea.