cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Is Motorola e4+ really a low cost phone?

Sprint Product Ambassador

A new kid on the block called Motorola e4+ is coming into town called moto e4 plus.  Today if you go to Sprint web site, the Sprint Flex 18-mo lease is $11.67 vs. $30-$40 range for a high end phone.  Please note, these prices do not reflect some of the great promotion offers that you can get with Sprint.

So roughly at a third of the cost or less you can get this relatively “low budget” phone.  I was skeptical upon getting the phone and try it out, but I must say was completely surprised after I opened the box, charged the device then activated it!Image638037498 (450x800).jpg

The phone comes with a charger and a charger cable, no head set or any other accessory.Image86501861 (800x450).jpg

And here is a photo of the Moto e4 plus with its bigger flag ship brother Motorola Z2 Force (on the left):Image1480169800 (450x800).jpg

You can get the full spec of the device by going to sprint.com (Sprint Moto e4 plus device information) but I can list the features that I think that make this device awesome:

• 5” HD screen: the screen is of good size and with great clarity
  • 5000mA battery, this phone has outlasted many of my other phones, this phone has lasted m a full day use without requiring a charge (most other phones would last to 2pm or 3pm at most)
  • 4GHz Quad core: what can I say except that it is pretty fast computing power wise
  • Yes, a finger print sensor, which most other low cost phones would not have.

One of the cons for me on this device is the limited internal memory of 16GB.  By the time I transferred my apps and data from my previous phone to this Moto e4 plus, I filled up over 15 GB of the 16GB memory.  I had to delete the least used apps to relieve some of the memory spaces.  I am an app hogs though, so for most people this may not be a problem.

The phone has a slot for me to insert a micro SD card of up to 128GB.  Unfortunately, I have not figured out on Android Nougat (7.0 and above) how to move the app from internal memory to the external micro SD card.  When I work it out or when Google decided to bring the “Move app to SD card” feature back I will surely let you know.

In the meantime enjoy the experience with this truly affordable devices.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.