cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G7 Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

main-finish-platinumgrey-full.png

I'm kind of a broken record, and one thing I whine about a lot is battery capacity.  I'll take a fat battery over a slim phone any day of the week, because my phone isn't useful if it can't power on.  The new LG G7 has a 3000 milliamp battery, which is bigger than a lot of batteries, but not huge by any means, but it has three things in its favor.  First of all, the battery is manufactured by LG, and LG makes the best and safest rechargeable batteries on the planet, second, its in a phone made by LG and third, it uses Android 8, (Oreo).   Oreo has a lot of battery-saving features built-in, and further allows you to set permissions for each app so that they aren't constantly doing weird things in the background.

However, I recently bought a smart lock for my house, and it uses a combination of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS to automatically lock and unlock my house as I drive away in my car.  This is a potential problem for me because I never leave GPS turned on any of my phones because of my range anxiety.  So, I tried using my new lock without the GPS feature on my phone.  This means that I can lock and unlock it manually from my phone, but not automatically.  I gave in and just left GPS on, figuring that I could always top the phone's charge off when I'd get home.

I'm not doing any kind of torture test on this battery; I'm not running videos in the background non-stop, or playing games for hours.  I'm simply using the phone as I normally would; occasionally checking email, occasionally streaming music or watching some videos, played some games, and read some books.  The only thing I'm doing with this phone that I normally don't do is leave GPS on all the time.

One night, I forgot to plug the phone in.  Then I went to work, got busy, and forgot to plug it in.  It wasn't until I went to bed the second night that I realized I still had nearly 30% battery.  So i plugged it in, and deliberately didn't charge it at all the next day.  I've done this several times now, deliberately only charging it every other day, and it hasn't died on me yet.  The lowest it got was 22%.

Not only has LG put the best camera in the G7, the best headphone amp, and the best fingerprint scanner, but they also have the best battery and battery management system I've seen on any phone.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions about these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.