cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG G7 ThinQ impressive battery life

Sprint Product Ambassador

In my first write up on this camera, I did not mention about the battery life because it was not one of those features that LG was advertising on the LG G7.

After a few weeks use of the LG G7, I realized the LG G7’s battery performing well, I decided to do some testing on the battery.

I started the drive to work, by having the G7 streaming Le Tour de France on the FIOS Tv app.  Please notice the display brightness setting was set at a pretty high level here:20180726_092255 (576x1024).jpgbright display setting

And here is the view of the "TV" display:

I took the battery level reading before and after the drive:

Capture+_2018-07-26-08-55-51 (500x1024).jpgBattery level at 100% before the driveCapture+_2018-07-26-09-23-00 (500x1024).jpgBattery le=vel at 91% after 28 minutes streaming

So after 28 minutes of video streaming, and a bright display the phone used only 9% of battery.  The battery indicator also showed the FiOS Tv app used about 7% of battery.

If things are truly proportional, we can say that the phone can stream video for 308 minutes (6 hours).  This is very impressive as no other mode that I think can use the battery more than this application: video streaming display and LTE data was running all the time.  I must also say the network was pretty impressive too, no pause of data through the whole drive (I may be bias as I am working in the team building the network for Sprint Smiley LOL).

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.