cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG G7 and TIDAL Streaming Music

Sprint Product Ambassador

Tidal is known for having the highest quality streaming music, as you can actually listen to your music in lossless FLAC format for the exact same quality as a CD.  LG's flagship phones, such as the V30 or G7 have the absolute best headphone amps on the market; nobody else comes close to this standard.

tidal.pngI've previously written about using Tidal's Hi-Fi lossless music subscription service with the V30, and everything that applies to that device with Tidal still holds true with the G7.  So, I thought I'd try the G7 with Tidal Premium, which has music that is compressed with very high quality 320 kilopbits per second AAC, (Advanced Audio Coding), files.

To be frank, I can't tell the difference, even with good headphones and LG's great headphone amp.  It just sound great.  It does take a lot of bandwidth to stream this level of quality, so you can turn it down in the app settings.  The two audio quality options available in the premium subscription are "Normal" and "High".  High streams at 320kbps, while "Normal" streams at 256kbps, with both file formats using AAC.  Pay a little extra for the "Hi-Fi" service to unlock the capability to stream at full CD quality 1411kbps.  I've used the "Normal" setting while streaming in my car and listening over Bluetooth, and it sounds great.  In fact, with the road noise, you'd be hard pressed to spot the difference between "Normal", "High", or "Hi-Fi" while driving.

Tidal has a huge library of music, and chances are you will find what artist or album you are looking for.  Tidal premium is included free with your Sprint Unlimited Plus Plan.  That means that not only do you get unlimited free Hulu, you also get high quality music streaming on Wi-Fi or on Sprint's LTE network.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee