cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG G8 ThinQ Hand ID innovation

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG ThinQ product has always pioneered with new idea and innovation. The LG G8 ThinQ, in particular, coming with bunch of new innovation.  One of those features is the Hand ID recognition feature.

On top of Fingerprint, the LG G8 came with Hand ID recognition, where you can use the palm of your hand to unlock the phone.  This is supposed to be secured.

Being the first iteration of the technology, the feature came with some learning curve that I need to go through.  Finally I was able to record my Hand ID to the phone, and able to unlock the phone using my Hand ID.  The Youtube video below illustrates the phone unlock procedure:

Like I said, you need a little bit of practice.  The first few times, you need to carefully follow the prompt on the screen then practice makes it perfect!

Some people may think it is clumsy, but like any new concept and technology, I believe it will take time to mature.  I am sure this feature will become prevalent in the next few years when LG has fine tuned the technology to make it easier for users to adopt.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.