cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG G8X ThinQ awsome extended display mode with Chrome

Sprint Product Ambassador

For the last two weeks I started to use the LG G8X ThinQ more and more. I started to love the extended display mode that so far is only available for Chrome.  Basically, this feature uses both of the screens.

For those who may not know how to turn on the dual screen here is the instruction:

Capture+_2019-11-26-15-51-31.pngSettings->DisplayCapture+_2019-11-26-15-51-51.pngTap Dual ScreenCapture+_2019-11-26-15-52-03.pngEnable Dual Screen options

You can now start Chrome on the main screen, you will see there is a small icon on the edge of the screen to control the Dual Screen.  You can move this icon around the edge of the main screen:

Capture+_2019-11-26-15-11-54.pngThe Dual Screen control icon

Select the Wide View on the Dual Scree control options:

20191126_160209.jpgSelect Wide view

Now you can see the Chrome display is extended over the two screens:

20191126_155000.jpg

Hang on, if you turn the phone side way you then have a large display very pleasing to read.  I have now accustomed to reading all my online stuff this way...

20191126_151324.jpg

I wish the extended mode will work with more apps especially Kindle!  However, for the time being I am using Chrome to read Kindle books.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.