cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG V30+ First Look

Sprint Product Ambassador

LG V30 1.png

My favorite phone of 2016 was the LG G5.  That is until the LG V20 came out.  The V20 did everything that the G5 did well, and added to it.  It had the same class-leading dual cameras, but added the best digital to analog audio converter ever available on a smartphone and paired that with the most powerful headphone amplifier you can buy.  The screen was so huge that is was almost a tablet, and earned the moniker of phablet.  It was kind of a big device to hold onto.

I’ve seen a lot of cool devices come out this year from a lot of brands, but have been most impressed by the new V30+ from LG.  I’m getting a little tired of spouting superlatives for their products, but LG is seriously putting out the nicest phones on the market today.  Its got brains and beauty.  There is this certain almost indescribable quality about the V30+ in that it just feels and looks right.  I don’t really know how to describe it, but you know how after you’ve broken in a pair of shoes, they just feel great?  The V30+ feels like that from day one.  It’s kind of like marrying your best friend; (which I am fortunate enough to have actually done in real life).

It has a huge screen, but it’s a little narrower than the V20, so it just fits perfectly in your hand.  Plus, the screen is OLED instead of LCD, so the colors are vibrant, the screen is bright, (even in the sun), and the blacks are deep and inky.  It still has a great headphone amplifier and DAC, but it’s been improved since the V20, and that is a feat in itself, because how to you improve perfection?

LG has long had the best cameras on any phone, and the V30+ still has a wide angle and a really wide angle on the back, like on the G5 and V20, but they have been improved as well, especially the super wide angle.  More on that later.

The battery is 3300 mill amperes, and has consistently lasted all day, a testament to the efficiency of the super-fast processor and the energy-saving OLED screen.

Oh, and it’s water-resistant.

I’ll go into detail in later blogs about all of the cool features of this phone, but I can assure that I am really comfortable and enamored with it, and it will be my daily driver for the foreseeable future as nothing on the market is better than this device.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee