cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: LG V40 Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've deliberately not looked up all of the specifications of the V40 partly because I don't think they tell the whole story anymore.  For instance, it used to be that you couldn't get through a day without charging, until larger capacity batteries were included with devices.  If you wanted an idea of how long your phone will last, you just looked up the spec for your battery and you'd get a good idea.

But LG is using an OLED screen, which is more energy efficient, and the latest version of the Android operating system, which is designed to save electricity.

Battery life is not a problem with this phone.  I've been leaving Bluetooth and GPS on, using email, social media, taking photos, streaming music, and playing games.  I've forgotten to plug it in at night a few times, partly because I was not worried about it dying in the night.  Battery life has been lasting me between a day and a half and two days.

I also know that if I needed to, I could turn on either "Extended Battery Saver", or "Maximum Battery Saver".  For instance, I used my phone all day yesterday, didn't charge it all last night or today, it's late afternoon, and the battery is at 31%.  With battery saver off, I should have 11 hours and 31 minutes left, Extended will push that to over 15 hours, and Maximum will go for another 22 hours.  All this with only a third of a charge.

I still don't know officially how big this battery is; and I don't feel the need to look it up.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee