cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG V50 and Sprint 5G speedtests

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint now has 5G services covered for 16 millions people in 5 markets, and more than a handful of devices.  You may have also seen various reports in the press about Sprint's large 5G coverage.

I am living in Norther Virginia and in the outskirts of Sprint 5G towers area. I often check my phone for 5G signal and spot a few towers that have 5G services near my home and work.

Recently, I spot a 5G tower near work, and ran the speed tests on my LG V50 5G phone.  I also disable the 5G option to have a speed test comparison with LTE only service.  Below is a capture of the Ookla speed test screenshots:

Capture+_2019-10-24-17-35-14.png5G speedtestCapture+_2019-10-24-17-35-56.png5G speedtestCapture+_2019-10-24-17-36-43.png5G speedtest

vs 4G:

Capture+_2019-10-24-17-42-13.png4G speedtestCapture+_2019-10-24-17-42-53.png4G speedtestCapture+_2019-10-24-17-43-39.png4G speedtest

The 5G download speed here is over 3 times my cable service at home.  At my home, I have cut the cord so I cannot wait for the Sprint 5G service to be available at my home and will try to replace my home high speed cable service with my Sprint 5G mobile service when the tower near my home is lit up with Sprint 5G.

If you have a LG V50 5G or a Sprint 5G device please run some speedtest and let me know how much higher you can get with your Sprint 5G devices.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.