cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – LG X Charge is at a steal price, Life is Good!

Sprint Product Ambassador

We start seeing more and more low cost devices being introduced by the handset vendors.  LG is entering this year’s race with the LG X Charge.

The device is currently offered by Sprint at $270 buy out price, or $10/month with $30 down with the promotion offer of upgrading in 12 months (https://www.sprint.com/shop/device/lg-x-charge-16gb-titanium?skuId=114800051&duration=18L&contractTy... as of 10/19/2017).  It is truly affordable.LG-X-Charge-price.PNG

The device has quite an impressive spec, I am listed the ones that I think it will make this device stood out from others:

• 4500 mAh battery, wow likely will last you through the whole day at the office
  • HPUE, for non-technical people, this will help the user to receive Sprint LTE data service in a larger radius from the cell site than a phone without HPUE
  • 2x20 CA (Carrier Aggregation), again for non-technical people, this will help the user enjoying higher LTE data access speed, your photos or videos can be downloaded or uploaded faster. With Sprint LTE unlimited service, if you are in good signal strength area, this will help you to enjoy your online streaming program likely in HD quality than other phones that do not have CA capability.
  • 5” HD (1280x720) screen, almost as large as other iconic phones
  • 5 GHz Octa core processor, I don’t know what this means but most phones I had were of quad-core so this phone must pass all the basic processing task for me

Again, one thing I am worried with this phone is the internal storage space of 16GB.  Although we can add a micro SD card of up to 2GB to the device, but the 16GB will not be enough if you have a lot of apps, and also most apps will use up the internal storage.  Since the release of Android Nougat, I have not been able to move any app to the external SDcard, even if I can how many people will know how to do that? I do not know how much another extra 16GB of internal memory to make 32GB in total would cost, but I am sure the benefit would be huge.  Hopefully, the phone manufacturer will take this note for their next device.

Below, is a photo of the LG X Charge against my Galaxy S8 (my iconic device):Image1328021994 (664x655).jpgSamsung Galaxy S8 (left), LG X Charge (right)

The LG screen size is quite good.  I can’t wait to share with you in the next few weeks my experiences with this new LG device.  So far things are looking promising.

for now Life is Good!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.