cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Lenovo Moto E4 Plus Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

moto e4 plus.PNG

My biggest complaint with every single smartphone I’ve ever used is the lack of battery capacity.  Give me a huge fat phone with enough battery to live my life without the stress of range anxiety, and I’ll be a happy camper. 

Some phones have clever power saving modes that dumb the phone down by slowing its processor, or by dimming the screen, or by limiting what features or applications you can use, and it helps, but at this point, are you really still using a smartphone? 

Other brands have slowly started to increase their battery capacity, such as the excellent V20 from LG which has a 3200 milliamp battery. That is definitely a start in the right direction.

IMG_20171006_145046.jpgI’ve used cases that have built-in batteries, and that helps, but really makes the phone so heavy and dense that it just wants to crash onto the sidewalk, so that’s not the ultimate solution.

I’ve tried carrying USB cables and chargers with me to top off wherever I can, but that’s no fun either.

All of this fuss is a thing of the past with this device.  Charge it up, and don’t worry about it.  You will get through the day with plenty of capacity left over.

Am I exaggerating?  I am not.  Battery capacity is measured in milliamps, (often expressed as mAh, or milliampere hour), tells you how much energy can be stored, and later retrieved in the form of electricity.  The higher the number, the longer your phone will last.  Some popular phones have used batteries of around 1200 mAh, while more generous phones might have 2800 mAh. So why is the Moto E4 Plus so special?  It has a 5000 mAh battery!  It is not unusual for me to have between 40 and 50 percent capacity when I go to bed at night, and that’s after heavy usage including lots of GPS.

It gets even better.  The E4 Plus has a fast 10 watt charging circuit.  I really should have timed how long this takes to complete recharge from a dead battery, but the battery hasn’t died on my yet.  I am regularly surprised how fast this thing can recharge.  Certainly faster than any phone I’ve used.

Bu wait, there’s more.  The back of the phone is removable, so you can easily replace the battery.  I really can’t conceive of any scenario when I would need more capacity than what already comes with this phone, but I suppose you could always pack a spare or two and you’d be good for a week.

I have said this many times; the one feature I want that nobody is giving us is a truly useful internal battery.  I would gladly accept a thicker phone in exchange for the one really useful thing that is universally required by all, power.  The one thing I’ve never asked for was a wafer-thin phone, yet, up until now, manufactures have been a strange arms race to make thinner and thinner phones that can barely get through a day without being topped off. 

Somehow, Lenovo have squeezed an awesome battery in this thing with no thickness penalty.  If Lenovo can do this seemingly impossible feat on their budget phone, why isn’t the rest of the industry doing this for their flagship devices?

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee