cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Lenovo Moto E4 Plus First Impressions

Sprint Product Ambassador

moto e4 plus.PNG

When I go to an auto show, I’m most impressed with cars that can accomplish a lot for a low price.  It’s easy to make great cars when you have unlimited resources, but when you are building to a price point, things get tricky, and sacrifices must be made.  So when I see something affordable that performs well above its price range, I’m impressed.

Many phone manufacturers have budget smartphones, and they are typically pretty miserable to use.  I recently got the Moto E4 Plus from Lenovo and I have to say that it is shockingly great.  The phone is metal, and has just the right weight.  The color is really cool too; mine is dark grey, and I have received several unsolicited compliments on it.  Even users of fruit related phones have asked what it is and want to touch it!  If you turn it on, (but haven’t unlocked it), you get a clock surrounded by an incomplete circle, which instantly tells you remaining battery percentage.  I use the fingerprint sensor to unlock it, and it is absolutely perfect.  I’ve never used a fingerprint sensor that works this flawlessly.  It works every time, and has never stuttered or failed to read my fingerprints, not even when initially programming them.  I’ve programmed the maximum amount of five fingerprints, and all five work fast and accurately consistently.

The Plus in the E4 Plus is a bigger screen, and most importantly, the biggest battery I’ve ever seen in any phone, 5000 milliamps.  Lenovo claims you can use the phone for two days between charges.  I’ve confirmed that this is true with heavy usage, but more like three days if you take it easy.  That’s not in any kind of power saving mode either.

The camera takes detailed photos, and while not a class leader, is much better than I expected from this price point.  It also has the most intuitive interface I've seen.

The display is high definition and is everything you would want, including an option for vibrant calibration, (which is the default), or the more accurate config, Standard.  I use Standard and it’s just about perfect.

Particularly useful is the night lite mode that comes with this version of Android which gradually increases a blue light filter and it gets darker outside.

The speaker is front facing, which is nice, and it sounds loud and natural.  The speakerphone is also loud and clear.  WiFi, Bluetooth, and GPS all have worked flawlessly, connecting when they should, and working so well, I don’t have to think about them.

But the E4 Plus is still a budget phone, so it lacks the connectivity to modules that pricier Motorola phones can use.  Also, there is no NFC chip, so you can’t use Android Pay to make purchases.  So there is the sacrifice.  Is it worth it?  I’d say yes.  This phone is so handsome, looks and feels so luxurious, and works so flawlessly, that I have no qualms or embarrassment about it.  I’m not exaggerating when I say that I’ve gotten more questions and compliments regarding this phone than any other.  That's high praise for a mid-range device.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee