cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Lenovo Motorola E4 Plus – A budget phone that’s not terrible

Sprint Product Ambassador

Moto e4 plus 4.PNG

The best way to sum up my experience with the E4 Plus is just to say that it is really pleasant to use.  I’ve encountered absolutely no problems with any feature of this phone; calls never dropped and were always crystal clear, Wi-Fi works excellent, games work fine, the screen is huge and colorful, but not garish, yet the device feels comfortable and balanced in my hand.  The battery is just the single best battery ever on any phone in the history of phones.

While it is possible that this thing might die on you, I think you’d have to be lost somewhere in the Arctic Circle for a few days before that happened.  It just never died on me in normal use, even when I forgot to top it off.  I tried an unscientific test to see how long the battery would last, but it boringly just kept going, so I topped it off and streamed old movies from YouTube on it all day one Saturday.  I chose YouTube because I knew they would just keep playing unless I intervened.  The problem is, I couldn’t just hang around waiting for this thing to die, so I left it on the kitchen table playing some cheesy movie about an earthquake in LA in the 1970s and went about my chores for the day.  Then I forgot about my experiment. 

I did more chores.  My wife and I went shopping and were out for most of the day.  We got home late afternoon and heard a distant conversation backed by dramatic music.  The phone was still on playing its endless matinee. We did some more stuff around the house, and at some point that evening, the thing finally died.  I can’t tell you when because I didn’t notice when it did.  So if you stream video with the screen on full brightness for almost an entire day, you can kill the battery, but that’s not something you are likely to do.

I initially wanted to kill the battery to see how long it takes to charge, but because it finally died so late at night, that I went to bed and put it on a charger later than I had expected to.

While this seems like a bad way to test battery life, consider this; on more than one occasion, I used Waze GPS with the screen on while streaming Amazon Music in my car for the better part of a work day.  I got home and the battery was still over half full.  So in these unscientific, yet real world tests, this thing does hold up longer than I could hope for.  Finally the smartphone feature I’ve always wanted most has become a reality.

I really could go on singing the praises of this device, but let’s just say that if you broke your current phone and didn’t have insurance and are still in a contract, consider this phone.  If you want to get a really premium device for your kids, consider this phone.  You will be surprised at how nice it really is.  Likewise, if you are budget-minded, go for it.  For only $270, or $10 a month with $30 down, this cool device can be yours.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee