cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Moto e4 LTE speed test

Sprint Product Ambassador

What is LTE Plus?  It is a term that Sprint uses to denote the carrier’s superiority in LTE bandwidth, a capability where Sprint can leverage its rich Band 41 (1500MHz)spectrum to boost the LTE bandwidth to 2 or 3 times where spectrum availability permits (the technical term for this is Carrier Aggregation).

Without LTE Plus, the Moto e4 will use Sprint’s basic LTE service which can either be on LTE Band 26 (800MHz), Band 25 (1900MHz) or Band 41.

So I took my Moto e4 to an area where the phone is latched onto Band 26 area, where signal condition is medium. I ran the Ookla speed test and record as follows:

Screenshot_20170810-175248 (450x800).jpg

I later went to the area where the phone could latch on a Sprint Band 41 service and ran the speed test there, again here the signal is at medium to high signal strength:Screenshot_20170816-235012 (450x800).jpg

So on Band 41, without LTE plus, I can potentially get above 30mbps downlink, that is even faster than some of my friends’ home cable service, and on Band 26 where service is mediocre, I can get about 5mbps.  This is probably more than adequate for most basic tasks that I want to do on my phone.  I certainly can stream some videos in the above conditions, maybe not always in HD but certainly capable of standard YouTube or Netflix quality.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.