cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Motorola Z3 Play camera portrait mode

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Motorola Z3 Play with its dual lens of the rear camera can offer portrait mode as well. I found is that it is a lot easier to turn portrait mode on and take a photo in portrait mode compared to other phones that I have used.  For other phones, I had to move the camera back and forth for a while before the phone would indicate that the portrait mode focus is good.  With the Moto Z3 Play, I selected portrait mode, there is no indication whether the object is in portrait mode or not, I just press the shutters.

Here are a few samples of portrait mode photos that I took. (The photos are straight from the camera.  I used Windows 10 Photo Gallery to reduce the sizes.  Full size photos can be made available if you need them, please make a comment here).

IMG_20180817_085910665_PORTRAIT (768x1024).jpgIMG_20180817_085806014_PORTRAIT (768x1024).jpgIMG_20180817_085842776_PORTRAIT (1024x768).jpg

The bokeh are not as blurry as other phone cameras. However, the picture is truer, some other phones may exaggerate the bokeh effect and cause the edges of the main object blurrier.

I am quite happy with these portrait mode photos here. You can give it a try.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.