cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Motorola e5 Plus and Sprint Global Roaming

Sprint Product Ambassador

I recently had a two weeks vacation with my family, one week in Ireland and one week in France.  Obviously, I did bring the Motorola e5 Plus with me for the trip.

Sprint Global Roaming service is an opt-in service for all Sprint’s subscriber. The service gives you free unlimited texting, 2G data (low speed) and phone calls in the destination country at 20c/minutes.  This deal is almost unreal, as if you purchase a local SIM at the destination country the cost is probably at least $10 or more. The service is available in a large number of countries, please check if the service is available before you travel. The following links provide you with information on the Global Roaming Service:

FAQs about Sprint Global Roaming

and the following Sprint Global Roaming video:

You need to have the service enabled for each device on your account at zero cost BEFORE you start your travel.  Once you have it enabled, wait for maybe 30 minutes then you power cycle the phone in order to get your Preferred Roaming List (PRL) on your phone updated.

Voila.  You are ready for your trip!

In my case, when I landed in Dublin, Ireland earlier this month. I switched off the phone from Airplane mode, after about over a minute, I saw the network signal bar with the letter “R” appearing on the status bar and the Dublin local time also displayed on my phone.  My daughters landed in Dublin two hours earlier than me and my wife, immediately I saw the message with a photo that they were having the Irish breakfast at a café in the airport waiting for us.

Nothing is better than I could immediately replied back to them the message “landed!”, all at zero cost.

I also received a text message from Sprint with the option of purchasing the full data service for $25/week or $5/day.  I purchased the weekly plan for $25/day.  I was pleasantly surprised that the weekly plan was actually honored by Sprint across different courtiers, as a few days later I arrived in Paris, France and the full data plan was available on my phone from that $25 I paid in Ireland.  So sweet.

I love the Global Roaming Service!

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

2 Comments
Journeyman

Is the E5 Plus capable of HPUE?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Dan,

yes I believe the Moto e5+ is HPUE capable.  Sorry for the late reply.

Thanks

Hung