cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Samsung Galaxy S10+, Smartswitch app is smarter than I think!

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have been using the Samsung Smartswitch app to transfer data from an old phone to a new phone.  The app works flawlessly and makes the transition from my old phone to new phone seamless. I just accidentally discovered that the Smartswitch can do more than that: Smartswitch can backup your data to an external memory card or a device. This is useful if you do not want to have your phone information backed up on a cloud which can be prone for being hacked.

I tried to utilize the Smartswitch to backup data to an SD card via the USB-C adaptor. Below is what I went through.

20190720_153233-x1280.jpgPlugging an SD Card reader using the supplied USB-C adaptor. Start the Smart Switch app.

Now go through the Smartswitch app as below:

Screenshot_20190720-153801_Smart Switch.jpgSelect the SD Card icon on Top

Screenshot_20190720-154031_Smart Switch.jpgSelect Backup

Screenshot_20190720-154044_Smart Switch.jpgNow select what you want to backup

Now you perhaps can sleep better Smiley Happy

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

3 Comments
Journeyman

So I prefer to bring it to my pc then do some scans and also back up files on my pc. Because I recall security was horrible on alot older model phones. And even right now I been trying figure out who to talk to about a security issue with my phone. So be careful when transferring files especially personal ones important and/or precious.

Sprint Product Ambassador

HungBui - Can you do a the Smart Switch through adding microSD to the phone or only use of the adapter/reader?

Journeyman

Sorry for the late reply I thought I posted it. You could but you mine as well go the your back up system on a cloud app like drop box or something. That way if it were an infected file their security systems would atleast detect it plus always good to have things on a cloud system. But if you mean older phones with out apps I would connect to computer still anti virues and stuff would detect as soon as you move and copy  to your pc. Then you can either just simply connect new phone and add stuff or email it yourself