cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Samsung Galaxy S8 Active Battey Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

S8 Active 5.png

One of the things I appreciated about the original Galaxy S8 was its good battery life.  I usually could get through a day on a charge, some times having to top it off in the car now and then, and always ready to be recharged at the end of a day, but overall, pretty decent.

The battery capacity of the original S8 is 3000mAh, and the slightly larger S8+ has a capacity of 3500mAh.

The new Galaxy S8 Active comes with a 4000mAh battery that gets you through most days with plenty to spare.  There are many reasons why I prefer the S8 Active over the original version, and the larger battery is one of the main advantages.  Most days, when I go to bed and plug my phone in to charge overnight, I still have about 50% battery left.  Of course, on days when I've used a lot of GPS or streamed a lot of Tidal music, it's a bit lower, but it has never died on me one time.  I've long said that I'd happily take a thicker phone with a massive battery than a thin one without.  The S8 is relatively slim, yet still has the capacity to to be ready whenever I need it.  Plus, since it doesn't need a protective case, it remains this thin and usable despite having a larger battery.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee