cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Sprint Global Roaming with LG G8 ThinQ

Sprint Product Ambassador

Recently I made two trips overseas: one to Vietnam then two weeks later I had over a week vacation in Amsterdam and Norway.

One nice thing with Sprint is the free Global Roaming Service.  This service is free from Sprint, I just need to make sure that the Global Roaming is selected on my account for the device (I believe the default is selected), and before I traveled, I just needed to update the PRL.

Capture+_2019-06-14-16-41-32.jpg

Capture+_2019-06-14-16-41-56.jpg

For all the country I landed, switching on the phone I would get local service, the local time on the phone, and I would receive a text message like the following:

Screenshot_20190517-064302.jpgYou can click on the link to buy up the data plan

There is a list of countries that Sprint Global Roaming are available, and you can find them on the Global Roaming FAQ page.

For Sprint Global Roaming, you will automatically get free unlimited text message and 2G data service. If you want to make a phone call it is 25c per minute.  For the whole two trips (almost 3 weeks in total) I made phone calls when I need to, like to call my Airbnb, or the Uber driver etc.  The cost of phone calls was less than US $5!  In the text message that you received, you can click the link to upgrade your roaming service to high speed data (4G) for $5 a day or $25 a week.  When I was in Europe I did purchase a week of 4G data, because I used my phone for GPS navigation.  For low speed 2G data in Vietnam, I was able to order Grab (Uber like) service, and social text messaging as well as posting photos on Facebook.  For large amount of photo posting I would do it when I was under Wi-Fi coverage. Vietnam has probably the best Wi-Fi service everywhere, even local Ma’ N Pa coffee shop would give you free Wi-Fi.

Happy traveling & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.