cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – The HD Recorder on LG-V30+

Sprint Product Ambassador

The LGV30+ has excellent audio capability and together with this recording capability it may be the audio king of all the phones. The HD recording is available via the “HD Audio Recorder” app that comes as a stock app on the LG V30+:Capture+_2018-01-03-00-43-31 (425x800).jpgThe HD AUdio Recorder App

When you select the app, depending the orientation of the phone where the phone will record the audio in mono or stereo mode.  If you hold the phone in portrait mode, HD recorder will record in mono mode:Capture+_2018-01-03-00-43-48 (425x800).jpgMono mode recording

If you rotate the phone and hold it in landscape mode, HD recorder will record in stereo mode:Capture+_2018-01-03-00-44-11 (800x425).jpgStereo recording

You can either leave the recorder in the default concert mode, or can change to normal or custom mode.  For simplicity I left HD recorder in the default concert mode, and record an audio coming out with my karaoke mixer system where I simulate the sound of a theater; I also use the same environment and use the “Smart Recorder” app to record the same song.  Below are the samples of the two recording sessions for your comparison:

Recording using concert mode of HD Audio Recorder app

Recording using the Android Smart Recorder app

You can judge for yourself the quality between recording samples.  I am sure next time I am at a concert or if someone is singing on my Karaoke machine, I will use this HD recording audio on the LG-V30+ to record the audio.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.