cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – The LG-V30+ cool camera “Guide” feature

Sprint Product Ambassador

Have you ever taken a shot of a special view or scenery on a regular basis because you want to record a change in time? Basically, you can use this feature to take photo of the same object and you can try to align the object to be captured to be in the same place in the frame as a previously captured.  LG called this feature “Guide” on the camera.

Image1717009630 (425x800).jpgSelect Mode on the cameraImage457550401 (425x800).jpgSelect Guide shot

This will bring up the following windows on the camera:

Image71277245 (425x800).jpg

Press “+” to add a new guide, you can use the camera to capture a new guide, or select an existing photo in your gallery. You can adjust the transparency of the guide.

Now you can start use the camera to take a photo and use the guide you just added to align the object you want to take a photo with the guide that you have.

As an example I took a photo of an empty bowl then align one having an orange on the bowl.

Image1429595917 (800x800).jpgImage1465947564 (800x400).jpg

Wonder why LG limits the guide to have to be cropped in a square frame. Why can’t we have the guide as a full frame of the camera?  That would be much cooler!

Wish I had discovered this cool LG-V30+ “guide” feature in the last fall so I can show off my Virginia foliage report.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.