cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – The awesome Sound focus feature on the GAlaxy Note 10+

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Galaxy Note 10+ comes with the Sound focus feature of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10+ in video recording.  This feature will control the camera microphone to focus receiving the sound from the direction where the camera is recording the video.

I was curious enough to see if the feature actually works by doing the test which is shown in the video below.  I set up 2 sound sources: 1 is music from my loud speaker and the 2nd source is a running hair dryer.  I am standing so that the 2 sound sources are 90 degree apart and I am roughly equidistant from the 2 sources.

Initially I recorded the sound from each source on its own.  After that I turned on both sound sources, and started to record the speaker then slowly moved the camera towards the hair dryer.  You can judge it for yourself how the sound is being recorded:

Obviously Samsung would allow you to enable this feature or not via the camera settings:

Screenshot_20190906-135612_Camera.jpgCamera->settings (the wheel)Screenshot_20190906-135627_Camera.jpgSelect Zoom-in mic

Please try it by yourself and let me know if you agree or anything else that you may observe.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.