cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors – Why one should get the Galaxy S8 Active?

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Galaxy S8 Active is functionally equivalent to a Galaxy S8 or S8+.  On the sprint.com today, I see the monthly Flex lease fee for the Active is around $35 vs. $28 for the S8 (I did not see the pricing for the S8+; also these pricing may not include any promotion).  Fortunately, I have been lucky and got to use both of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Active.  The Galaxy S8 does certainly have a sleeker look and feel, but here are some of the reason I think one should consider the Galaxy S8 Active alternative:

• Device robustness: the Active build is a lot more solid. I was comfortable using it without a case.  I had a case with my S8, but I was very comfortable using the Active without a case.  I actually accidentally dropped the Active a few times, but no harm done. Phew!
  • The Active claims a much harsher operating condition. I just took the words for it as I do not have any means or chance to test this out.

On this point and the one above, I think the S8 Active is well suitable for people who work in tough environment.  One example is the roof adjuster.  Last year I had a roof inspection for storm damage, I saw he roof adjuster climbing up our roof, standing at different awkward positions and taking photos of the roof damage. Of course the Active S8 would produce excellent photo qualities for this kind of report.

• The battery life. Like my previous post, the S8 Active battery actually lasted all day for my use.  Whereas most of my other phones would last until 2-3pm of the day.  For people who are sitting at the desk working, charging a phone may not be a big issue.  But for those who are not at their desk, may find the whole day charge is a very nice feature to keep their business flowing smoothly throughout the day.

For some the extra $7 ca be well justified.

Enjoy & Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.