cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint and Samsung release a major update to your Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Good news for Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus owners - A new firmware is available to download OTA (over the air).

G950USQU1AQEF - Galaxy S8
G955USQU1AQEF - Galaxy S8 Plus

If your device is not auto-magically prompting you to update then you can force a manual check for new firmware: Settings > System Updates > Download updates manually (while you're here go ahead and check the "Download updates automatically" option to stay up to date going forward).

Officially the latest firmware includes:

• The Bixby app gets a new update.
  • Stability improvements for the SD card.
  • May security update.
  • Device Stability improvements, bug fixes.
  • Further improvements to performance.

I do NOT have details on "stability improvements," "bug fixes" or "further improvements." But what I will say is that if you've experienced any wonky or buggy behavior then make sure you grab this update, download, apply, reboot, and check again. I'm not promising that your posture will be straighter, your teeth whiter and your attitude will be 10% more positive. But I do expect that Samsung will take care of you and me and our beloved Galaxy S8s and S8 Pluses.

We'd love to hear your feedback about the firmware update, good or bad. Post a new discussion over in the Galaxy S8/S8+ forum

Catch you online.

~Ninja_CJ

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.