cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take your Galaxy S10+ for a walk with the AKG Y100 headset

Sprint Product Ambassador

Capture.PNG

Designed to take for a walk, the AKG Y100 headset is light, has plenty of battery power, and has sufficient output to enjoy your favorite music, book, or podcast while you hit the bricks. AND… it has a feature which is akin to the OPPOSITE of noise cancellation. 

Ambient Aware technology is a one-touch enhancement on the Y100 headset which filters ambient sound into your headphones so you don’t miss what’s going on around you.  If you listen to music or books at the office, you won’t miss out on your co-workers or boss asking for you over the cube wall. And if you are going for a walk, you will hear the traffic and other pedestrians all-around you, while still being able to enjoy whatever it is you are streaming on your phone. 

The Y100 is a Harmon product so you can expect the same high-quality sound reproduction as you’ve become used to with other Harmon accessories.  However, please note that this is not a FULLY IMMERSIVE experience.  It produces high-quality sound for the enjoyment of music, but it is NOT overpowering, nor does it cancel the world around you.  With this in mind, my initial thought when I tried them was ‘They’re not loud enough…’, and if you NEED a headphone experience where everything else is canceled out – by sheer force, or by engineered design – then these are not for you.  However, if you are looking for an all-day audio accessory, which allows you to appreciate world-class sound and music, while not completely removing you from your surroundings, then the Y100 headset should meet your needs. 

You don’t HAVE to enable the Ambient Ware tech, which obviously brings to the forefront all of the sounds you’re listening to.  And with some slight adjustment to the buds to have them correctly fit your ears, you’ll find that the high-quality sound reproduction reveals new aspects of your music that you may have never heard before.  That was my favorite part of these headsets, was listening to classic rock tunes that I grew up with, and hearing new parts of the arrangements that I hadn’t heard or noticed before.

I’m starting to wear them as an all-day accessory, as I can connect the headset to two devices (my laptop and my phone) at the same time.  Hopefully, you’ll give them a go, as they are definitely worth it.

2 Comments
Journeyman

The Y100 is a Harmon product so you can expect the same high-quality sound reproduction as you’ve become used to with other Harmon accessories.  However, please note that this is not a FULLY IMMERSIVE experience.  It produces high-quality sound for the enjoyment of music, but it is NOT overpowering, nor does it cancel the world around you.  With this in mind, my initial thought when I tried them was ‘They’re not loud enough…’, and if you NEED a headphone experience where everything else is canceled out – by sheer force, or by engineered design – then these are not for you.  However, if you are looking for an all-day audio accessory, which allows you to appreciate world-class sound and music, while not completely removing you from your surroundings, then the Y100 headset should meet your needs. 

Journeyman

With this in mind, my initial thought when  Dafont 192.168.1.1 FileHippo I tried them was ‘They’re not loud enough…’, and if you NEED a headphone experience where everything else is canceled out – by sheer force, or by engineered design – then these are not for you.  However, if you are looking for an all-day audio accessory, which allows you to appreciate world-class sound and music, while not completely removing you from your surroundings,