cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting like it's 1999

Sprint Product Ambassador

I have to say it really is nice to be able to carry my phone in my front pocket again. While there are great advantages to having a small computer aka smartphone around, there is also something to be said for simplicity without the extra noise.  I don't think I've gone one day without some type of update on my smartphone or some application, yes I spelled it out, since the smartphone crase began.  

So why on earth would anyone want to switch to a flip phone when we have access to all that technology crunched down inside smartphones?  The answer for me is simplicity & price.  I don't need an expensive phone and I don't even talk on the phone that often.  I do text quite a bit and we will touch more on that later, but switching to Alcatel's Go Flip has allowed me to cut the cord on technology a bit and enjoy my natural surroundings without having my head stuck in my phone all the time.  

Now all that being said, I am a Sprint employee and I do want the newest most expensive phone when it comes out most of the time.  What can I say, I love phones.  But there is something nostalgic about having this flip phone in my pocket again.  A reminder of simpler times for people who don't need computer access all the time this phone really is a great option.  And here are some of the best features.  You actually still have access to social media and the web.  You can google anything you want if necessary and this phone doesn't break the bank.  And it is really fast with 4G LTE or Wifi access.  

Now let us jump back into the nostalgia this phone provides.  It is really like texting like it is 1999.  You will have to memorize all over again which number coincides with which letters and you may have to freshen up on your alphabet to know how many times you have to press which number to get to the letter you want.  It really takes me back.  

As a parent that wants his children to appreciate the advantages in technology they have today, I think this is a great starter phone.  Sure kids always want the latest and greatest but this phone is perfect to ensure they respect how far technology has come.  And it is also a great device for parents and grandparents that want to save money while still having some mobile capability.  More on this phones other great features next week.

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”

Go Flip.pngGo Flip