cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Ever Present Helper

Sprint Product Ambassador

One feature of the S8 that I never really thought I'd use but find myself using on a daily basis, is the edge panels. For those that don't know, the edge panels let you slide your finger from the side and open up things like app shortcuts, reminder lists, weather, etc. It can even be expanded with downloadable panels. I absolutely have come to depend on the shortcuts in there. The only thing I haven't liked about it is the fact that there is always a gray bar on your screen at all times, at the corner, to remind you that the thing is there. I could just disable the edge panels but I use them so often, I'd miss the feature heavily. Luckily, the S8 allows you to change the size and transparency of the panel.

Here's a video I made to show you how:

There we go. A simple tweak and now this amazing feature doesn't clash with my need for symmetry.

Does anyone have any particular downloaded panels they can't do without? Leave a comment and tell me about it.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee