cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Gorgeous Essential PH - 1 ... Day 1 unboxed impression

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Gorgeous Essential PH - 1 Day 1 unboxed impression

First, just want to mention I haven't even activated the device nor turned it on yet. This is literally my very first thoughts upon opening the box and hands on with the device.

Everything about the Essential is executive and pure 'class' from the box to the accessories and of course to the handset itself.

Just beautifully done. A few trees were probably hurt during the making of the box, but wow, what a presentation. (I'm kidding - I'm sure it's all from recycled material).

Obviously the first thing I did was pick up the handset. It's solid and heavy feeling, like the way things of high quality feel in the hand. Not like a new plastic toy, but like the old tonka trucks of back in the day made out of metal. This thing is built to last. It's no secret the Essential phone is made from Titanium and ceramic... and is sure does feel great.  And talk about sex appeal. This phone is just beautiful and sleek/shiny.  The 'Black Moon' one I received is just handsome and professional. The back is almost like a mirror, which you'll see in the pictures I took - reflections of the Galaxy S8+ and my hand included Smiley Wink. Which btw, I'll do some comparissons of the two in coming weeks... 

The feel.. when I first picked the Essential Phone up I couldn't help but think about the very first iPod classic. It had that full premium solid feel. I guess I liken it to that in a way. In an era when most of the devices out there feel disposable, this one feels high quality.

The other goodies - high end braided cables. You can tell they thought all about the presentation when they put this whole package together. The USB C as well as the Headphone adaptor cable are braided and nice looking and a good sized charging adaptor capable of fast charge. (I've read it's the fastest charging device out there at the moment - really interested to see).
Additionally in the box is a pin to pop out the SD card slot and warranty/license information.

The bottom of the Essential Phone has the speaker, USB C Port , SIM/SD slot and a Mic (I'm guessing that's a pinhole Microphone).
On the mirrored Ceramic back you'll find the fingerprint scanner, 2 magnetic pins for connectible add-ons (like the 360 camera), a dual lense camera system and a flash. Note - ZERO branding, which keeps with the beauty of the device. 

The top and left side of the phone have NO buttons and NO ports while the right has your volume rocker and your power button. Great options for one handed use, but will probably be a bit of a learning curve for many - having the power button on the same side.
And that beautiful front of the phone has only a camera. Nothing else to take away from the aesthetics.

There's only one thing I can think of that could take away from all this beauty... I have a feeling this is going to be a finger print/smudge machine. I tend to carry a microfiber cloth, so hopefully that won't be an issue. I promise you, more to come after activation. 

I have extremely high hopes for this exclusive device! So far it's just beaufitul. 

Have questions/thoughts about the Essential PH-1? Drop a line!

Rick

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Advocate for Sprint Devices... I am not a Sprint or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.