cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Pure Android Experience (Google Pixel 3a)

Sprint Product Ambassador

You’ve probably heard the terms “Pure Android Experience” or “Pure Google Experience”, but what does that mean? Simply put, it’s stock android. This might sound boring, but trust me, its anything but boring. Most manufacturers, like Samsung and LG for example, like to put their own interface, apps and features on top of Android, while in other cases, replace or remove some of the features/apps in favor of their own. Don’t get me wrong, i’ve owned multiple Samsungs/LGs in the past, all of them great devices, and i’ve used plenty of their branded apps and found them useful, but in the end, I always find myself coming back to Google because of the overall experience.

The Benefits Of Pure Android

There are lots of reasons why pure Android is great but I thought I would share my top overall reasons. This is by no means a definitive list as I find new things every time I get a Google phone. 

Timely updates: One of the things I love about Google phones are the quick updates. Whether its a security update or the latest OS upgrade, there’s no waiting or wondering when you’re going to get it since google is the one making the decision.

Clean UI: When it comes to the design of the user interface, Google is the best in my opinion. Colors are vibrant. Menus are clean, simple, and efficient. Google puts a lot of care into how they design the interface to interact with the user and it shows.

636645061589419793Android 8 Homescreen
         636645070679575740Android 8 App Drawer           636645787948368288Android 8 System Menu

Cool Features: There are a lot of cool features with Pure Android but the standout by far the lack of manufacturer/carrier apps, aka Bloatware. Don’t get me wrong, Samsung, LG, etc… have some cool apps, but I like having the freedom to decide which ones I want. Plus it helps free up space that I can use for something that I am more likely to use frequently. 

More recently I've been using the Google Pixel 3a and found some smaller, unique features like adding additional fingerprint profiles for biometric security and Digital Wellbeing which tells the user their most frequent apps, how many times they have unlocked the phone as well as functions to reduce notification interruptions. It’s a neat idea to try and help a user disconnect from their digital life. 

Android Beta Program: Last in our tour of the pure Google experience is the Android Beta Program. What is it exactly? Well in Google’s own words “Android Beta for Pixel offers you a simple way to try pre-release versions of Android, and test drive our new features. It can be buggy/glitchy at times but it’s worth it.

Overall, having the Pure Android Experience is just one of the many things that makes uses their devices such a treat. If you have or have had in the past a Google phone, let me know in the comments what your thoughts are.

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

Nice write up and didn't know about the Android Beta Program.... another benefit of buying Google Pixel 3a for those that want the latest n greatest!