cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Things I like about the LG G7 ThinQ

Sprint Product Ambassador

It's been about 5 weeks with my LG G7 ThinQ from Sprint. Here are the t

op things I like about the device so far.

The ergonomics of the device. I really like how it’s easily operational with one hand. While I have to admit it is ‘tall’ and therefore a bit hard to reach the top of the phone I find one handed use overall while already in an activity to be a breeze.

I also like the way apps look/feel on this device.  Especially when opened to full screen AND you hide the bottom navigation bar. I usually keep the bottom navigation bar (home Touch Buttons) open as I like to move about the device without having to add an additional swipe up, but when using certain apps like Spotify I just love the way the screen looks in full screen mode.

Move enable/disable the bottom navigation bar – If it’s already enabled, just double tap the little ‘dot’ on the left side of the navigation bar (it looks like a full stop/period) and the nav. bar disappears.

Not to worry, you can easily bring the nav bar back. Just swipe up a little flick from the bottom of the screen and the nav bar reappears, but not permanently. To place the nav bar back on the screen permanently, just flick/swipe up and then tap on that aforementioned dot 1 time.

The notch – I like it. There, I said it. Honestly it’s kinda cool – it’s not a ‘2nd screen’ as they call it but it’s a cool look and effect on the device. It add’s accents to certain screen apps and shows notifications nicely.

Also, it changes colors within certain apps. Like Spotify again – when I’m on a song it has one color with in the background and when I switch to another song it has another color in the background. It’s the little things really.  See examples:

The ‘Boombox’ speaker… I was so wrong! Initially I was like – eh, what’s the big deal with the speaker. I tried it out and wasn’t super impressed with it. Well, it really depends on  the surface you put it on and what you’re listening to.

First, it’s actually super loud for a phone speaker. When sitting on it’s back on my desk with the speaker facing me cranked up to highest volume it’s actually loud enough to cause some level of discomfort. It’s not a ‘full’ sound spectrum I suppose… the bass drum really stands out along with the high end guitars and cymbals. However, when I turn it around on my desk I find a more pleasant sound. No, it’s not full spectrum sound like a real speaker system, but damn it’s good for a phone. When I put it on the fast charging stand the sound is … ehh… probably because the speaker is obscured by the dock. Sitting the phone on an empty coffee mug changes sound yet again. And then, for no reason at all I put the G7 ThinQ into the top of the box it came in. WOAH – no idea why, but the sound volume seems to have amplified a ton. Example attached – I know it’s not everyone’s choice in music. 

Check out the 'in the LG G7 ThinQ top of the box test ... clever name huh? 

Live Concert Recording sound…– from the Cyndi Lauper/Rod Stewart concert at Madison Square Garden last night. Just a bit of a drum solo I recorded for my drummer to feast on. Note the varied musical taste Smiley Wink.

I’m no videographer and I was pretty far from the stage. I should have pulled zoom back a little, but also the low light situation I alluded to earlier didn’t help.  Regardless, this is all about the sound.  All I did was open the camera app, point and hit the record button. The camera knew automatically to go into ‘concert’ recording mode and here’s the outcome. I think it sounds pretty good. I should have tried using only the audio recorder, but alas I didn’t think about that until this morning.

Seems to have captured the full sound, the drums, the audience and people talking around me. All around a decent reproduction of what I was hearing…

So yeah, at this point these are some of the things I really enjoy. I'm sure there will be more and I'll post more later.  

Questions about the LG G7 ThinQ? Thoughts? What do you think about the device?

Until next time - thanks for reading!
Rick

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Disclaimer: I am super lucky to be able to take part in a Device Ambassador program. The Product Ambassadors love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of  devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint or the device manufacturers. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Ambassador and Blogger... I am not a Corporate or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.