cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking Your FREE Hulu Account on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Unlocking Your FREE Hulu Account on Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Hulu.jpg

So whether you are thinking about purchasing a new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 or already have this iconic device in hand, there is no better way to show off its streaming abilities that with a FREE Hulu subscription* complements of Sprint.  For a limited time (through 12/08/2017), you can unlock a Hulu Limited Commercials Plan to catch up on your favorite shows, discover new programming or even just kick back with some of your favorites.  Best of all, it’s open to new and existing customers.  If you are just now signing up, make sure to mention this offer to your sales associate during activation.  If you are an existing customer, here’s what you have to do take advantage of this offer.  Don’t worry, it’s super easy and you’ll be glad you did.

• Log on to Sprint.com.
  • Make sure you are on your “My Account” tab and find your phone listed
  • In the grey box, click the “Change My Services” link.
  • Under the “Service add-ons you can add” section, click on Hulu (should be $0.00)
  • And click SAVE.
  • Now wait for a bit and you should get a text message from Sprint that starts “Sprint: You’re so close to streaming the TV that you love”.
  • Turn off WiFi (this is important as you’ll need to be on the Sprint network to create your account)
  • Click on the link within your text message and start creating your Hulu account. After you are done, it’ll also give you a like to download your Hulu app.
  • Once created, your Hulu account functions no differentially than a standard Hulu login. They’ll be a message stating it will replace a pre-existing Hulu Limited Commercials Plan (in case you were already paying for the service) and you can easily manage your account via the phone app, web portal or wherever.

The Hulu Limited Commercials Plan is just like it written.  You get access to all Hulu’s standard programming including current episodes of many network shows, special Hulu Exclusive programming and many television classics.  Commercials are fairly non-intrusive and are pretty much up to par with most cable broadcasts. The video quality is excellent and streaming over LTE (As I’ve already tested on the Galaxy Note 8) has never been nicer. At initial setup you get prompted to pick some of your favorite genres and shows depending on your selection, your personalized watched list gets quickly populated accordingly. 

Pretty new to Hulu myself, it appears there are is a fairly familiar layout to many other streaming services out there. You can add separate profiles which are tailored to certain family members.  You can manage the devices you stream Hulu on. Add things to favorites and consider additional selections that Hulu thinks you might enjoy, based on your current selections.

The fact that all this is right in the palm of your hand still blows my mind and clearly my Galaxy Note 8 is going to see a lot of additional attention in coming weeks. Watching movies on a phone is great but watching TV shows is a little more practical, especially killing time between appointments or other short periods of inactivity.  I’m super psyched for Hulu and you should be too.  Just another reason why Sprint + Samsung Galaxy Note 8 + Hulu = Happiness.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

*Available online only through 12/8.

Limited time offer. 1 Hulu Limited Commercials plan per eligible Sprint account. Tablet access via MHS reduced to 2G speeds after 10GB/mo. See full terms.

Sprint with Hulu Offer Terms:  Reqs qualifying Sprint service plan and registration of Hulu account from Sprint phone while on the Sprint network at hulu.com/sprint. Incl. access to one Hulu Limited Commercials plan per each eligible Sprint account (excl. other Hulu plans and add-ons) while eligible Sprint plan is active and in good standing. Tablets may stream Hulu content via included Sprint Hot Spot or may subscribe to separate unlimited data plan for tablets. For phones and tablets on a metered plan streaming will pull from monthly allotment. New or returning Hulu subscribers only. Valid also for existing Hulu-billed Limited Commercials plan subscribers (no third-party billed subscribers or premium add-on subscribers); no prorated credit or refund for current Hulu billing month, and remaining credit balances will be forfeited. . Excludes CL accounts. Not redeemable or refundable for cash or gift subscriptions. Hulu may place account on inactivity hold based on Hulu usage. Cancel Hulu anytime. Subject to Hulu terms—see hulu.com/terms. Hulu offer made available by Sprint and may be modified or terminated at any time without notice.

9 Comments
Journeyman

For the FREE Hulu on the Unlimited plan, do I have to stream via Sprint's network, or can I stream on wi-fi after the registration is complete? 

Once you account is setup (and activated), it works just like any other Hulu account. For example, I have been watching the last season of the Simpson through the Hulu channel on my Roku 4 player. Video quality was HD and it worked over my home wifi. 

Journeyman

Great!  Thank you!  I appreciate the quick response too!

Journeyman

Activation/registration page constantly is crashing. Is there another way to register?

Journeyman

Apparently Samsung's web browser was the problem, switched to Chrome, and it worked fine.

Journeyman

Is this only for the Note 8?... I have the S8+

Hulu is for all Sprint customers (new and existing).  The process above is identical for all phones that I know of.  Just remember that you have to be on the Sprint network with your Sprint phone when creating your account. Rest assured.  If you have a Note 8, S8+ or even the S8 Active, Hulu is there for you. 

Journeyman

I recently had a notification under my usage for "Sprint Premium Services" right after I activated Hulu. Since I activated the Hulu account, does that show up as a "Premium Service" or is this something else that I'm not aware of??

@truongal on my statement it shows up in "Sprint Premium Services" as: "Web Portals - Hulu Limited Commercials Plan $7.99 value" but it is a $0 line item.