cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Trackpad on the Moto Z2 Force: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

The button is back!

Well in case of the Moto Z2 Force it is not really a button but instead, it is a nifty little trackpad that makes it easy with a swipe or two to perform some convenient functions. This pad is at the bottom of the device and also serves as the fingerprint sensor.

Having a home button on devices is rather controversial among users with passionate people in both camps. I have to admit that I am among the button crowd preferring the tactile experience to find “home” easily and have been disappointed as the trend has moved to all virtual functions.

Motorola has with the Z2 Force and other devices decided to expand the functionality to evolve beyond a button and instead have a mini trackpad experience. The device does not default to having this function out of the box so you do have to enable it. If not, you will be frustrated as I was swiping away with no response thinking the pad does not work.

How is pad enabled?

20170922_095517-COLLAGE.jpgBe sure and activate one button nav

The one button navigation is enabled through a menu that can be found by accessing the Moto app. This app is preloaded and can be found on the home screen of the device. After accessing the app just go to Moto Actions and then tap on the first option on the list for one button nav. This function comes with a very handy tutorial that will walk you through how to use it. Forget a function? Just return to the tutorial at any time for a nice reminder.

What does it do?

The pad increases your overall screen space since you will not need to use the virtual functions located there. Instead, use the trackpad to swipe left to go back, swipe right for recently used apps. Tap the pad for a short time to lock the screen or tap longer for the launch assistant.

The trackpad as a fingerprint sensor is a fantastic way to quickly unlock the device. The Moto Z2 Force is the first device I have used that I think makes the sensor so easy to access that using it improves the overall experience.

Thank you, Motorola for not giving up on the home button and instead taking it to a whole new level with your awesome trackpad.

Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Sprint Product Ambassador

I've been using the trackpad for a few weeks and have grown to really love it.  I get confused now when I pick up others phones and can't swipe to navigate!