cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the Pop Up Widget??? Another Blackberry KeyONE trick!

Sprint Product Ambassador

I love the fact that I keep finding new and useful tricks on the Blackberry KeyONE. This time I've found a super easy way to access some of my most used apps without having to actually open them all the way! 

I don't know about you, but after I open apps I tend to leave them open, eventually slowing down my devices. Also, I don't use many widgets on my screens. I prefer a simple clean looking device, plus I find they tend to drain battery quickly - though I definitely limit some of the functionality I could gain from using widgets.

... and then I found PopUp Widgets and I'm able to get the best of both worlds. 

So, check this out - any apps you have on your screen (not in the app drawer) that have 3 dots under them means it's PopUp Widget capable. Just swipe up on the icon and you'll have quick access to a widget without having to open the app!  Check out the 'Android Central' PopUp widget for example and you'll see the top news articles immediately. Swipe up on the calendar and you'll have quick access to view your calendar without having to open the full app. 

Just another well thought out feature on the BBK1. 

Want to know more about the Blackberry KeyONE? Give me a shout! 

Rick

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. My opinions are my own. I am a Device Advocate for Sprint Devices... I am not a Sprint or Device Manufacturer spokesperson.