cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When Life gets blurry, adjust your focus with the Moto Z Force

Sprint Product Ambassador

Heading to the airport for our European vacation I had a sinking feeling as I realized I didn’t test the camera on my new Moto Z2 Force. We have been planning this vacation for years, and I didn’t know if the camera on the phone was good enough to overcome my photography inadequacies and still provide us images that will capture our experiences.

After two weeks of traveling through France and England with my Moto Z2 to document our trip I started to put the camera to the test in extreme circumstances. Check out some of my images:

Well-Lit Settings

The camera on the Moto Z2 force did a good job in well-lit settings. Here are a few images that I took from the top of the Eiffel Tower, the Musée du Louvre, and Le Mont-Saint-Michel Abby. The images look great in social media sights and small frames, but start to get grainy if you blow it up any larger than a 10 X 12.

IMG_20170925_105909707_HDR.jpgIMG_20170929_135135693.jpgIMG_20170925_183259917_HDR2.jpg

Poor-Lit Settings

A lot of the museums and cathedrals in Europe don’t allow flash photography. This let me test the camera in some low-lit settings. To test the bounds, I also took some pictures in the dark catacombs under Paris. One of the saving features of the camera was the ability to change the exposure in professional mode (I will show examples of this on my next blog on the features of the camera.)  I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the low-lit images. The camera provided some great images that were not grainy. The biggest challenge I had was holding the camera still enough that because of the slower shutter speed.

IMG_20170929_104457318b.jpgIMG_20170928_093740658b.jpgIMG_20170927_161734446_LL2.jpg

Night Settings

Most of my night images I took without a flash because my subject was farther away. Here is a picture of the Arch De Triumph at night, the Eiffel Tower at Night and a view of the lights over Paris from the top of the Eiffel Tower. I was very happy with the images of the Arch De Triumph and the Eiffel Tower, but I would have needed to have a tripod to adequately capture the lights of Paris because the lights did not put out enough light.   

IMG_20170925_205202306_LL2.jpgIMG_20170925_213340119_LL2.jpgIMG_20170925_200541044.jpg

Combination

In several of the Abbie’s and Castles there were low-lit rooms with lighted areas. Normally the camera will over expose the image or under expose the image depending on what it is focusing on. Overall I felt the Moto Z2 camera did a really good job of balancing the two and with the professional settings it was easy to adjust if needed. Here are some examples of images that I took with the Moto Z2 camera that had to balance the light with the dark. The first example is looking out of a German bunker looking over Omaha Beach. Notice that you can still see details inside the bunker as well as the view of the beach. The next image is a stair way inside Le Mont-Saint-Michel Abby. The sun light aluminates the stairs in the middle, however you can still see the details of the walls in the shadows.  

IMG_20170928_154920859_HDR.jpgIMG_20170929_150806273_LL.jpg

Thanks to the Moto Z2 Force camera, I can truly say about my European vacation: I came, I saw, I captured.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee