cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get extra LG Dual Screen™ Charging Adapters for LG G8X ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Where to get extra LG Dual Screen™ Charging Adapters for LG G8X ThinQ – Sprint Product Ambassadors

01_Title.jpg

One unfortunate thing about being the new kid on the block, is everyone is a little slow to accept you.  Nothing could be truer than the LG Dual Screen™ Charging Adapter.  It’s new, specific and easy to use but you only get one included when you buy the LG Dual Screen™ for LG GX ThinQ. I instantly needed a couple extras.  Now before I go to far with this, I want to fist say the LG G8X ThinQ works fine with wireless charging pads (even though I only have one of those).  It uses the same Fast Charge adaptor (which I have a couple) as the last few LG Phones and for many of you this might not be a big deal.  I however, prefer to be hardwired and just can’t be bothered with unhooking my Dual Screen accessory when I’m at work, in my car or anywhere in a place where my adaptor isn’t.

Generally, cheap generic adaptors aren’t a problem but the LG Dual Screen™ still a new product and not many 3rd parties have stepped up yet. Don’t despair, LG has you covered. The part number is right in front of you written on the outer plastic, “EBX64129401”.  Do a quick Google search and it takes you right to the LG page where you can order extras.

https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-accessories/lg-ebx64129401aetc-lg-dual-screen-charging-adapter

At $7.99 each they are very reasonable, and I personally ordered three extras (To off weigh the shipping cost).  The package arrived quick (about 4 business days) and I now have an adapter at work, in my car and upstairs. This totally makes my life easier. No worries. You might eventually see these more readily available but in the meantime, LG has you covered.

Also, before you ask, “why an adapter?” I want to add, the LG Dual Screen™ Charging Adapter is everything the USB-C should have been.  It’s magnetic, self-guiding, a strong connection and ideal for hooking up in the dark or if your eyes aren’t quite what they used to be. I know for me, it’s super easy and works best with my phone stands, and the places where I charge daily.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.