cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who's really in control, you or your phone? Take control back with Samsung's Digital wellbeing:

Sprint Product Ambassador

Most of us have at least one guilty pleasure app that consumes our time. My got-to app is a Sports App. I love reading about my sports teams and how they match up with their competition. By setting up notifications, I can stay up-to-date on every play, score, and article for my teams and the teams they play. With all that information getting pushed to me 24X7, it is easy to lose track of time and get distracted from living in the present. So… How can my Note 10+ help me to take back the control and find that right balance in my life?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ has added a feature called Digital Wellbeing. Digital Wellbeing helps you see how you are using your device and better manage the time spent on each app.

Wellbeing1.jpg

Digital Wellbeing lets you see:

1. The total screen time for your phone and the time in each app.
  2. The notifications you received for the phone and for each app.
  3. The number of times you opened the phone and launched each app.

Wellbeing2.jpg

One of the nice features of Digital Wellbeing is that it captures the data every day. This enables you to go back and see trends of when you use your phone the most and when you spend the most time within each app.

messages.jpg

From GI Joe we know that “knowing is only half the battle”. It’s good to know how much time we are wasting, but the information is useless unless we act upon it.

Digital Wellbeing enables you to act. You can:

1. Place daily time limits on each app.
    • Once you have used up your time it kicks you out of the app and disables (grays out) the icon.
    • If you tap on the icon it lets you know your time has ran out.
    • It also gives you a link to change the settings (If you’re willing to live with the shame of being owned by an App.)
  2. Adjust notifications for each app to help prevent distractions
  3. Adjust the Wind Down settings to change the screen to gray scale and block notifications before bed.

From Spider Man we learn that “With great power comes great responsibility”. Today, phones provide us with great power to improve our lives and save time or distract us from what is important and consume our time. Samsung has done a great job in bringing awareness to how we use the phone and providing some tools to help us use our phones power for good.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee