cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who would the LG Tribute Dynasty perfect for?

Sprint Product Ambassador

I’ve been using the LG Tribute Dynasty for a few weeks now and one of the frequent questions i get is “Who would this phone be good for?” and it got me thinking about that. Deciding which phone we get with our next upgrade can be a tough decision, especially if that phone will be for someone else in our family. This blog will attempt to answer some of the common factors that go into our decision making process.

Lots of factors go into our decision making process, and while we are all unique in our preferences, I did find some common factors when i spoke to several people about what they look for in a phone.

Capabilities

What is the phone capable of? Will it do the things I use my phone for on a daily basis and more importantly, will it do them well? The LG Tribute Dynasty is a mid-range phone and as i’ve used the phone, i’ve felt the only thing that truly limits its capabilities is it’s performance. The phone boasts a MediaTek 1.5 Ghz octa-core with 2GB of RAM which for most basic operations gets the job done. If you like to surf the web, watch videos and other media, the phone does a fine job keeping up. But if you like to play a lot of games the Dynasty may not be the best phone for this. On the camera side, you aren’t getting a state of the art camera with all the bells and whistles. Again, what LG has included gets the job done but if you are the sort of person who loves Instagram, the Dynasty may not be the right device for you.

Appearance

unlock-lg-tribute-dynasty.jpgPhoto: MobileunlockOn the appearance side, the LG Dynasty has some nice things going for it. Its lightweight and slim with black on the front and a light gold color on the back. There is a removable battery and the screen is a 5 inch 720p HD display. For those who like smaller, light weight phones, the Dynasty might be right for you. I would have liked to have seen LG include a higher resolution screen but if you only casually watch videos or you don’t care about things like pixels, resolution and 1080p, then you’ll be fine with what LG gives you here.

Operating system

I’ve found that most people are in one of two camps: Apple iOS or Android. The LG Tribute Dynasty runs on the latest version of Android, Nougat. 7.1. I’m personally an Android user and I appreciated LG going with the latest version of Android. In addition, LG has included their own customization options by allowing the user to select from several different themes to make it their own. If customization is your thing, then the LG Dynasty would be a good choice.

Price

The LG Tribute Dynasty would be classified as an entry level mid-range phone and as such is priced reasonably. Whether you’re looking to make the jump from a basic feature phone, which new phone to upgrade for a younger family member or are on a budget, The Dynasty will fit all of these needs rather nicely.

Whether you are looking for your first smartphone, are on a budget or just want something that meets your needs, the LG Tribute Dynasty would be a good fit. Let me know what you think in the comments below.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee