cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Pixel 3a battery last me an entire day?

Sprint Product Ambassador

Will the Pixel 3a battery get me through an entire day?

In the world of smartphones and the now thousands of choices, one of the things that people look for in a good phone is if it can keep up with their busy lives without having to stop for a midday recharge. In using this phone for the last three weeks during review I must say the battery is one thing that has surpassed my expectations. With a 3,000mAh battery, this is an impressive size for the price it will rank among the flagship-level phones for sure. Google states that the phone life should be 30 hours and I would have to agree that 30 hours with normal usage is accurate. The Pixel 3a has a USB-C 18w adapter with USB-PD 2.0. Unfortunately, you are not going to have the ability to wirelessly charge which is somewhat of a disappointment since many popular hangouts have the wireless chargers available. On my highest usage day woke up around 3 am and to bed, around 9 pm I still had 18% battery life and with best guess estimate that was with about 4 hours of screen on time with max brightness level. With reducing the brightness level it did conserve a great amount of battery usage. On a day with minimal more common usage by end of night, there was still 30% battery life available. Overall I would say that for what you save in the cost of this device you are getting an amazing battery and the only downside is not having the wireless charge ability but that is not really that big of a deal-breaker.

Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that loves technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee