cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes! The Samsung Galaxy S8 Active is here: Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am outdoorsy do stuff kind of guy and as a result have been hard on phones over the years. It was not long ago that I would skip a bike ride or a long run simply due to some clouds in the sky with a threat of rain. There have been other occasions when conditions made my phone just completely unusable. I will never forget being in West Virginia for the Boy Scout National Jamboree and my phone totally tanking due to the humidity.

As a lover of Samsung, I have also over the last several years had to suffer frustration seeing a competitor carrying a device that I just knew would be perfect for me. Finally, the Samsung Active is now available to Sprint customers. Even better is that it comes as an S8 will all the flagship specs and a few extras thrown in. I am excited to have this device and to go out and put it to the test.

20171211_092131-COLLAGE (1).jpg

Let’s go over some key specs first and then and future posts I will put the phone to the test.

• Color: Meteor Gray
  • Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
  • Display: 5.8-inch with 1440 x 2960 resolution and shatter resistant coating
  • Battery: 4000 mAh with Qi fast charging capability. The regular S8 has a 3000 mAh battery
  • IP68 Water and dust Resistant certified
  • MIL-STD-810G certified to 21 specific environmental conditions including Dust, shock, temperature extremes and altitude. The regular S8 does not have this certification
  • Rugged exterior designed for extra protection against drops without requiring a case
  • Camera: 12MP back-facing f1.7. Capable of 4k video at 30 fps.
  • Camera: 8 MP front facing f1.7 with smart focus
  • Processor: Qualcomm Octa-Core 835 chip  
  • Graphics Adreno 540
  • Storage: 64GB internal and expandable with microSD card
  • Bluetooth 5.1
  • USB Type C
  • Price: Currently $850 See Sprint.com for current Lease offers
  • USB OTG adapter included

Those are some impressive specs for sure. Key differences between the S8 Active and the standard S8 include the larger battery, 810G certification, and rugged exterior design.  The 4000 mAH battery alone brings a terrific promise of heavy outdoor use with no worries about finding a way to charge. The built to take it exterior should bring some extra comfort for those people that prefer not to have a case.

Okay, there are the headlines, I am off to get this activated to get busy. Stay tuned for more posts on what I am confident will be a great device.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

1 Comment
Journeyman

thanks good show