cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.1 launch date rumors aren't true

Highlighted
Wizard

2.1 launch date rumors aren't true

I know a lot of dates have been floating around about  2.1 here and across the web, but actually no release date has been announced.

The good news is that the software is in the lab and being tested for both the Moment and the Hero.  So progress is being made!

Tooner, IzzyKS or I will post (gladly) as soon as the launch date is decided.

Message was edited by: SarahKS

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you SaraKS.  Is there anyway to make this post a sticky?  Would be greatly appreciated by everyone(I think).  Would be even better if this sticky could be updated maybe every couple of weeks on how everything is going.  It's just a thought!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you!

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the sticky reminder!  Got in a hurry...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why do 2 different developers from XDA already have a fully functional version of 2.1 out for weeks now and Sprint is still sitting around with nothing to show? Maybe Sprint needs to hire them since they cant seem to get it down themselves. Pathetic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SarahKS,

Thanks so much for giving us another update. Can we please close any other 2.1 update request on the forum since we have a bunch already? It's getting ridiculous. Now if there are forum post for pictures about 2.1, phones with 2.1, or Apps, that's cool. But it seems like everyday we are getting a request. It would be nice to consolidate them down to one or two.

Highlighted
Wizard

This whole thing has been comically drawn out.......don't get me wrong, I can't wait for this update either, but people come on, it'll come when it comes.  It is unfortunate that it is taking as long as it is for testing, especially when bugs will inevitably be found within 2 hours of releasing it by the community.  Hmm....seems like they should get the community more involved in testing........someday companies will utilize this power.....

Thanks for the update Sarah!

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint doesn't write the software.  We get it from the maker of the device and test it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SarahKS - this doesn't make sense. Why would the maker of the device release software to Sprint UNtested? Wouldn't HTC already know what works and what doesn't work with their own product? So Sprint is either re-testing tested software or HTC was naive enough to say: "Here ya go. We don't know if it really works, but YOU test it." That really makes a lot of sense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hooks......

They get the software from Google. Bolt it to their hardware. Send it out to the carrier. The carrier bolts on the software needed to get it working properly in their network, if not, they send it back to the hardware manufacturer to tweak the hardware/software tie-in. Rinse and repeat, until it works on the hardware and the network. That is what we're waiting on now.

Message was edited by: HunterA3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yup and in the middle of the wash to the dryer the socks keep leaving and pretty soon you have none..lol

Our company just bought new socks someplace else..about time! You treat your people like mushrooms and this is what happens

Message was edited by: azleatherneck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also think the wait is becoming a little ridiculous. It isn't as if 2.1 was just released, either. Unless HTC and Sprint have been sitting on it and doing nothing for the past three months, I can't fathom what the holdup is (especially given that other phones have received their updates in a more timely manner).

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat