cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2/18: SPRINT UPDATE - Samsung Moment CL14 - PC OTW Availability

Highlighted
Journeyman

2/18: SPRINT UPDATE - Samsung Moment CL14 - PC OTW Availability

I talked to Ken today and he told me that the CL14 update for your Samsung Moment will be available OTW from your PC starting this Friday (02/19/10). You’ll want to look in the “How do I?” section in the “Advanced” category in the support section of sprint.com (link below). I will update with a link directly to the instructions once it becomes available.http://support.sprint.com/support/device/Samsung/Samsung_Moment-SPHM900ZKA

****************************************** PC DOWNLOAD UPDATE ****************************************

IMPORTANT ACTION: Prior to installling the PC Download from the Support website it is recommended to UNINSTALL all existing Samsung USB drivers.

Coming to You......text notification beginning 2/23 - 2/25: a customer notification will be sent via text message to ensure all device users are notified of the software update -- “SprintFreeMsg: Important software update required for your Samsung Moment.  View instructions at www.sprint.com/momentupdate.

As a reminder, CL14 fixes:

• Network Assist GPS to allow indoor location fix
  • Updates to several third-party apps, including Visual Voicemail, NFL, NASCAR and Sprint TV
  • Change to Emergency Dial on lock screen
  • Hard reset available in recovery mode: remove and reinsert battery; press volume down, send and end keys until reboot option pops up; scroll to wipe data/factory reset; press OK
  • Various improvements to battery life

Message was edited by: izzyks

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had a question about the PC OTW version of the CL14 update.  I was reading, I thought it was a thread on here, that someone was saying that the reason that all the info on the phones was erased with the CL14 update done through a Sprint store was because the software on the Sprint computers were not meant to update phones, just to wipe the phones clean and reinstall software.  I was wondering if this was true or not, and if so, does that mean if we update our Moments ourselves, all our info that is saved on the phones (downloaded programs, contacts, text messages threads, etc) won't be erased? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The download link for the update is broken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

mchlwvr614 wrote:

The download link for the update is broken.

It's not broken, it just has not propagated yet.  Give it another hour.

Message was edited by: izzyks

Highlighted
Journeyman

EDIT: Apparently the link is not broken, but just has not propagated. Thanks for the clarification.

Message was edited by: Sneeko

Highlighted
Journeyman

MoparMan06 wrote:

I had a question about the PC OTW version of the CL14 update. I was reading, I thought it was a thread on here, that someone was saying that the reason that all the info on the phones was erased with the CL14 update done through a Sprint store was because the software on the Sprint computers were not meant to update phones, just to wipe the phones clean and reinstall software. I was wondering if this was true or not, and if so, does that mean if we update our Moments ourselves, all our info that is saved on the phones (downloaded programs, contacts, text messages threads, etc) won't be erased?

No, this is not true.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK.  Thanks for the update.

Highlighted
Journeyman

We're hearing it should be available about 12:00 PM CST.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nevermind....It's available now.  And....GO!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OH CRAP GO GO GO GO GO!

(downloading already)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Alright... the PC fails to detect the phone as connected when I get to that step. Tried it on two different PCs now, one is WIn XP Pro SP3 the other Win 7 Home Premium - gets hung at the same place on both machines. In both cases, I get an error message from Windows about how new hardware has been found, but then that the new hardware has failed to install correctly. And then the SW Upgrade program just sits there trying to detect the phone as connected.

Help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it, installed fine.  Is it normal for My Downloads in the Market to be empty after the upgrade?  I was under the assumption that all previously downloaded apps would show up in there so they could easily be re-downloaded, but mine just says there are no downloads.

I have setup my gmail account and synced my contacts and stuff back in with no prob.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat