Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Android 2.3.5 OTA update, anyway to revert back to 2.2.1 version

Journeyman

Accepted Android 2.3.5 OTA update, anyway to revert back to 2.2.1 version

I accepted Sprint's OTA to update from android 2.2.1 to 2.3.5.  Is there any way to revert back to version 2.2.1?

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

I wish, it runs through my battery sp quickly.  I had to charge my phone three times thru out the day and the vibration intensity is so high it scares me, I can't even leave it on my desk at work the vibration is so loud. I also wanna change it back or run another update....

Journeyman

Unfortunately no. This is a Samsung update as much as it is a Sprint update. Problem is, Samsung has no way to restore to the previous OS, so Sprint doesn't either.

The only case I have heard of that happening is in the case of the LG Optimus, because it was "bricking" users phones.

Journeyman

Yeah -- I keep having a lot of problems with my Epic 4G update, having to pull out the battery a lot.  I just restored back to Factory settings, but 2.3.5 was still there, I hope it helps with the issues.

Journeyman

have you guys tried a factory data reset that may fix your battery issue. although all the data and apps on the phone will be wiped. also this would be better directed more twards your phone speicific.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat