cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aircard on Android Tablet??

Journeyman

I've been trying to find an app that works for using my sprint aircard on my 10" Archos tablet.  It recognizes the card when I pliug it into the usb port, but it does not find the carrier when it asks to search.  Any Ideas out there? 

I considered loading the linux driver over, but I did not know if it would work with the andoid platform.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES
Master

The card is built to work with  windows computers and macs  linux will work  but it can be hit and miss.  Which card do you have?

Journeyman

It is the Sprint U600 3g/4g card.  I do have the Linux drivers for it, bu it looks like there is much configuration in getting it to work with linux (as most stuff)

Highlighted
Master

If you go to www.sprint.com/downloads  select mobile broadband devices   then select the u600  there is a download page for information  the third one down is information for configuring the card for use with linux based pc  This may have some information that will help you

Journeyman

Re: Aircard on Android Tablet??

That is where I dowloaded the drivers, or "SETUP GUIDE", but I am not sure it will work on the android platform, didnt want to brick either piece of equipment

Journeyman

Re: Aircard on Android Tablet??

it is very doubtful it is a driver issue it is prbly just a software issue as u thought. if the tablet detects the card then it should be able to use it. the issue is there prbly wont be an application to use. tipically with tabs u need to have a puck and not a usb air card

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.