Already a N1 Forum WOW!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Already a N1 Forum WOW!

Thats speaks Volumes in terms of a release

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Now this is moving forward... now lets get that SUPERSONIC UP THERE!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody got a arrival date in stores yet? I bought a Hero less than a week ago. If it get's in the stores before my 30 days are up I'm getting it. I had the GSM version but sold it because T-Mobile's 3G signal was too crappy. My Hero is getting 5-6 bars where T-M's was 1-2 bars at my location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No reason it should be any longer than the release date it drops on Big Red, there is NO apps from sprint not branding etc etc. The ONLY holdup would be SPRINT so lets hope that doesn't happen. I do have a bad feeling they are going to try and keep the thunder for the Supersonic..I personally don't like the Supersonic for few reasons but the big on is I tired of waiting for everyone and there mother to get out updates I want my phone updated DIRECT from the mother ship thank you have a nice day.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A coworker just got his (AT&T) Nexus One and I had a chance to play with it. Very nice size, shape, weight. Compass, GPS, camera and flash all work as advertised, and the software is awesome.

He's an iPhone app developer, and he's dropping iPhone development for Android. I've already started writing Android apps for myself on the emulator. As soon as Sprint posts it for sale I'm ready to grab it!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree with you... look how long it is taking the Moment and Hero to get update. I plan to get the Nexus One too. The Evo is a great device but I don't have a need for all of those features. I only need to surf the web, use navigation, talk and text and The Nexus One is great at all of those things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I guess I'm curious if the Evo and Supersonic will be like the N1, which from my understanding is a phone straight ftom Google/HTC with no carrier OS or software, pretty much an unlocked phone. That's the main reason I'm looking to get a N1 this week, I've got an unlocked Hero but I would prefer to not go that route and have a supported phone that is going to get the latest code and updates directly from Google without having to go through a middle man which is the carrier.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Evo and Supersonic are one in the same and no it will be a "Sprint" phone with all the Sprint Apps. Thats the main draw I see with the N1 no extra crap nice an simple bare bones Android the way it was meant to be with updates strait from Google.

Message was edited by: azleatherneck

Highlighted
Journeyman

I saw a demonstration of the Evo, I think on Android Central (I watched a lot of them), and the HTC guy answered a question regarding competition with the Nexus One as an interesting thing to watch as people choose between the Sense UI (Evo) and getting continual updates (Nexus).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sense UI is nice but if it is going to take months to get updated after a new Android OS is released then I would rather have the Nexus One because Google is going to make sure their phone has all of the best features as soon as they come out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If I were you I wouldn't hold my breath... Sprint is always promising and never delivering. HTC Hero upgrade to Android 2.1 promised and still waiting on it, N1 promised but will probably happen so late that all other carriers will benefit and drive more customers away from Sprint. Now they are promising HTC EVO and I'm sure by the time they release it all other carries will have Android 3.0 out and better devices.

My contract is expiring next month and I can't wait to get a N1 w/ AT&T.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For some reason I have this visual of "Hot Rod" the movie when I think of Dan Hesse

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat