The Evo look sweet, but...
1) I have no idea when or even if 4G coverage will be available in my area
2) Will the Evo be available in areas without 4G?
3) Will the Evo beckon the 4G surcharge?
4) By the time the Evo releases with Android 2.1 will Android be on 2.5 or higher?
5) How long will HTC/Sprint mess around updating this new flagship phones O/S?
That makes me think the Nexus One is a better proposition especially since Google is directly releasing O/S updates.
HTC Hero and Sprint
The Not Right Now Android Phone™ on the Now Network™.
Unlike a certain battery powered bunny who keeps "Going and going and going..." the Hero keeps "Waiting and waiting and waiting..."
I would buy the Nexus 1 before any sprint phone because Google is in the driver seat. I do not want Sprint touching this device. Hopefully it comes soon. I hope April.